Now Hiring: Outside Sales Estimator & Fence Installers. Please fill out the application below or call (925) 606-8167.
Outside Sales Estimator
Chain Link Fence & Supply, Inc. has been serving the Bay Area and surrounding counties since
1996. We offer industrial, commercial and public works chain link fencing and repair as well as
materials for contractors and the do-it-yourself weekend warrior.
We are looking for an Estimator to join our team of professionals. This individual will meet with
customers, understand what they need and help them with an effective solution from estimation
through bidding and proposals. The job can be demanding as it requires management of multiple
customers in a timely manner.
Attributes Required for this Position
● Honest, hard-working, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
● Demonstrated leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
● Business development experience with excellent relationship and rapport building abilities.
● Works independently and manages time well.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Good basic math skills and ability to make accurate judgments and calculations.
● High school degree or equivalent.
● Prior outside sales/estimating experience.
● Basic computer/technology skills.
● Estimate and bid accordingly. Review proposal specifications, drawings and attend job
walks, pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine the scope of work and required contents of
● Ability to respond and manage multiple incoming calls daily.
● Execute all other sales related activities (including change orders), as needed.
● Actively engage in business development and enhance customer relations, including key
accounts, ensuring their satisfaction with our products and services always.
● Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
● Continually enhance sales skills and product knowledge to promote our leading image in the
● Work with other personnel to ensure great customer service from the order to the delivery
and beyond (including scheduling of jobs).
● Work with office personnel to accurately bill ongoing/completed jobs.
● Attend weekly sales meetings.
● Research and source new leads and convert to jobs, as requested.
● Meet or exceed sales expectations on a consistent basis.
● A clean driving record.
● Bachelor’s degree (construction management or related field).
● Knowledgeable about and experienced with local construction markets.
● Estimator experience in the construction industry is a plus.
● Ability to read blueprints.
What We Offer
● Base rate plus bonus potential.
● Paid time-off and company paid holidays.
● 401(K) savings plan and profit-sharing program.
● Outstanding benefits including 100% paid medical, dental and vision.
● Vehicle and cell phone.
Job Type: Hourly
Pay: Depending on experience ($25-$40/hour)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: Livermore, CA